Sunday, April 22, 2012

Storytelling Resources

If you're interested in knowing and understanding more about story and storytelling here are a few resources to check out.

I have read all of these books and each one claims to contain the Holy Grail to story but I have found that it is better to pick and choose pieces from each.  This isn't an exhaustive list by any means, I'm sure there are plenty of great books out there that I haven't even heard of.  If you know of any please drop me a line I'm always on the lookout.

The list below has my favorite picks ordered from what I feel is the most useful down.  Again, just my opinion you may feel otherwise.

Story Resources

That should give you more than enough reading to keep you busy for a while.  This list was comprised out of my own thirst for knowledge on story.  

The film school that I attended frustrated me when I was attending.  The school taught me all the basics of how to record a story but never how to tell a story and thus I went out on my own to find the way. If you want to be a great storyteller it is not mandatory to read and do your research but these books helped shine a light on how to get from point A to point B in the dangerous waters of storytelling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment